A long time ago, I mentioned that I play the horse breeding game Howrse. About a year ago I went on hiatus and my US account was closed. I am back on the US server in addition to my existing UK Account. When I left, Howrse had recently made some huge changes to game play, especially the training side. Surprisingly, after over 1 year, I could not find much information about training guides/schedules/plans. So I endeavored to make one that works for the common player. This plan does not require any black market items, showers, or water troughs. It works well for all breeds, in either Classical (English) or Western styles.
So what do you need to know before you start?
- There are 2 main ride types. Mountain and Forest.
- Mountain ride work on Speed, Stamina, and Trot.
- Forest Ridge work on Dressage, Gallop, and Jumping.
- The rides go faster (50 Hours) if you are boarded in a center in the same location 9-14 agings. Forest rides in a forest center, and Mountain rides at a mountain center.
- Rides at other locations (Forest rides at a mountain center) take 100 hours or 17-25 agings.
- Beach rides appear after age 10 and only move skill points from the lowest skill to the highest based on gp.
- You can train each of the six skills. Each skill needs 100 hours of time or 17-25 agings.
- You only need to train the top 3 skills to Blup.
- You need to Win (1st) 25 comps to Blup.
- You can earn skill points for 25 comps per skill. Ex Trot from trot race. The skill is based upon that comps primary skill. You may also earn skill from the secondary and tertiary skills needed.
- Complete Forest and Mountain Rides
- Complete Training in top 3 skills based on gp
- Win 25 comps, any will do
- Age past 10 years
- Have maxed out (Bolded and no longer earn points) top three skills
- 100 blup of parents leads to better gp for foals and faster gp gain between generations.
Hope this helps. Coming soon Part 2 Rides Schedule!
Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of his hand,